Not pausing at height

Posted · Not pausing at height

Im 13 years old and I have a monoprice select mini v2 printer. I wanted to try to do the change the color on different layer thing in cura. I have to do the pause at height script. That works fine but it only pauses for around 5 seconds then goes back to printing please help, thank you.

There are 4 Pause at Height scripts in the Cura extensions.  One is listed for Repetier (which I think the MonoPrice printer uses).  The one that seems to work with the Ender 3P/Marlin is simply called Pause at Height.  It inserts this code

;TYPE:CUSTOM
    ;added code by post processing
    ;script: PauseAtHeight.py
    ;current z: 5.2
    ;current height: 5.0
    M83 ; switch to relative E values for any needed retraction
    G1 F300 Z6.2 ; move up a millimeter to get out of the way
    G1 F9000 X190 Y190
    G1 F300 Z15 ; too close to bed--move to at least 15mm
    M104 S0 ; standby temperature                                          I would change this line so the Hot End doesn't cool down
    M0 ; Do the actual pause                                                       TO RESUME you must click the button on the LCD
    M109 S215 ; resume temperature
    G1 F300 Z6.2
    G1 F9000 X85.054 Y112.572
    G1 F300 Z5.2 ; move back down to resume height
    G1 F3000 ; restore extrusion feedrate
    M82 ; switch back to absolute E values
    G92 E749.35974

From what I can see it does everything you would want it to...Lift, get out of the way, wait for the filament change, get the temp up to what it was, go back to where it belongs, and reset the extruder in case some filament was extruded during the color change.  A nice tidy bit of code that should work with the Ender 5, but will not with JGord's MonoPrice (Repetier doesn't support M0 as a pause code).

I'm saying I hope so.  Good Luck with it.  There is more information available if you do a search for "Pausing" +Repetier.  There is also a little bit of information on the MonoPrice site.

I have a similar problem The pause at height doesn't show up in the G-code script. At least I can¨'t find it and the printer doesn't pause.

Cura version 4.6.1
    Using layer height
    Artillery Genius

Whether the printer understands the codes or not (dependent on the firmware) the pause code should show up in the gcode file.  The pause plugin named "Pause at Height (BQ printers)" only adds an M24 to the file.  The others add short routines with more flexibility like maintaining the temperature and parking the head.  I'm using 4.6.1 also and the code shows up in the files.

17 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

Whether the printer understands the codes or not (dependent on the firmware) the pause code should show up in the gcode file.  The pause plugin named "Pause at Height (BQ printers)" only adds an M24 to the file.  The others add short routines with more flexibility like maintaining the temperature and parking the head.  I'm using 4.6.1 also and the code shows up in the files.

I will try again and let you know. Thnx

Hi, I have the same issue with my Artillery Genius and Cura 4.6.1, with some scripts I can't pause the printing for change the filament, with "Pause at height" it is the more close script, but the machine only stop 5 seconds like @jgord2006 mentioned, anyone know how to fix it? Thanks

3 hours ago, hpsaturn said:

Hi, I have the same issue with my Artillery Genius and Cura 4.6.1, with some scripts I can't pause the printing for change the filament, with "Pause at height" it is the more close script, but the machine only stop 5 seconds like @jgord2006 mentioned, anyone know how to fix it? Thanks

I found the solution.
    Take a look here:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4251390