Repeated Camera issues over and over again.

Ritualz

Posted · Repeated Camera issues over and over again.

Is anyone else having these persistent dropped camera issues?

I'm running an S5 with all the latest software and firmware updates.

However, the printer keeps dropping the printer connection and any random interval it wants to.

It will cut in and out for a while, yes I know it re-polls every 10 seconds or so attempting to reconnect and will for a short period of time.

Eventually it just stops and becomes "unreachable".

This is unacceptably frustrating. As most of us are, it is work from home time. We are an essential business and must keep operational.

I have people in the plant manning the printers and working as my hands, but alas at the end of the day I get to keep watch over the printers, just in case.

When a printer blacks out in the middle of a 2 or 3 day print its just wrong. It becomes sit and pray time.

As far as I know "reset cura connect" cannot be run while the machine is operational. If it is, someone please explain how. I can not find it anywhere.

We run a reset after this happens and a job has completed and its back to square one everything working.

I have cloud operational, my IT guys have been all over the connections and there is nothing that should inhibit connecting.

My other 5 printers have Zero remote connection issues with cameras, just the Ultimaker.

This printer is my top out performing printer, except for the damn camera. 

If we cannot figure out how to remedy this going forward, when my Capex requests come up I will be forced to look elsewhere.

That is something I would hate to do, but working blind now a days is not possible.

Come on guys there has to be a solution. Everyone else has zero issue with remote visibility.

If anyone has a fix, toss it up here. I need a solution.

Thanks. 

Install another networked Web camera at an angle that is actually useful.  They are pretty cheap.

My S5 camera works more than it used to, but the angle of view is limited.

My other camera can be rotated to watch my UM2+ as well as the S5 remotely.

Good luck.

Hi @Ritualz thank you for your message. We are aware of the connectivity issues with the camera and we are working on a fix in the next firmware version, which we are currently testing. Hopefully we'll be able to release it rather sooner than later. When a date is known, I'll post it here. In the meantime, if you have not done it already we recommend to connect your Ultimaker to ethernet.

The post linked to above also contains a fix that seems to add some more reliability in the connection to the camera.

Thank you for your time, apologies for the inconvenience! 

Thank you  and it is ethernet connected.

Eagerly awaiting next update.

This is also a problem I have been dealing with and regretted updating to the latest firmware. Hopefully there is an update soon as it is truly an inconvenience. 

I have had the issue with at least the past 3 updates. I've lost count.

I got my camera to work again. I have the latest update from Cura (4.6.1). I went over to my Ultimaker and under the Settings Tab, go all the way down where it says cura connect and reset the ethernet slide button.  All this happen while there was no printing. If it is printing, the tab will gray out. I hope this helps. I will update if the camera fails again.

Correct that has proven to be a temporary fix for me as well.

What does happen is it will eventually go black again and we go back and do it over and over after each print because at some point in long prints it blacks out again.

Hopefully they get this figured out.

• Like 1

Hello everybody, 

Hope you are all well. I am happy to inform you that the new firmware has been approved after testing. This means we will move forward with the release next week. This message is not an official release notice, but I've told you I would let you know as soon as more information is available, so here we are. We still have to prepare some things for the actual release, hence it will be next week. When it is officially released the release notes will be published in the firmware thread. You can follow the category and receive a notification when a new post is added. I hope knowing help is on the way will make up for something. 

Have a great weekend, 

Awesome, looking forward to it. Thank you for the heads up.