Half Cirlces not printing

Posted · Half Cirlces not printing

image.thumb.png.02f55e3a89f564f94daf05e2c7e12972.png

Hi all,

As you can see on the left we have a model i created in maya. Exported to obj format and then loaded into cura. Now i have conformed all the normals so its facing the right side as i initially suspected that was the issue. If anyone has ideas id appreciate it as this is my first exported model so bound to run into issues.

I understand maya isnt the precision accuracy software that i should be using but i enjoy making models in it quite a lot.

Thanks for your help,

C

21 minutes ago, Framar said:

Last time I've seen such odd behavior was caused by the 3D model that is not right.

I would agree. However debugging the issue is proving difficult.

I have attached the model for anyone's convenience. 

door v1.obj

3 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

That's how your model looks in Meshmixer. I guess it's not close to what you expect, it is not a solid piece, it is not even flat - perhaps the pictures give some clues?

grafik.thumb.png.c2f22bf384305da39fc8bf3e332d6832.png

grafik.thumb.png.3ae10f3bdfc344432ea90d7cb15199df.png

Another paper with some crucial things to keep in mind:

https://i.materialise.com/blog/en/preparing-files-for-3d-printing/

How weird, it looks similar.. outside of maya the obj appears corrupt.. I will be reading the paper you linked. If i find a solution ill be sure to come back and share.

Thanks for your time

C

And the part is not flat either (seen from the side). That might cause you some problem laying the print on the build plate...

image.thumb.png.e2813b4827dadbdf424ce9fbb31afa31.png