Nozzle Scrapping Bed (Cura, Reality CR-10S Pro)

Posted · Nozzle Scrapping Bed (Cura, Reality CR-10S Pro)

Hello All, I'm new to 3d printing and till trying to figure all of the technical stuff so hopefully i can get easy to understand answers 🙂

I just started using Cura with my Creality CR-10s Pro printer. Whenever i start a print the nozzle  scraps the bed HARD and i have to manually adjust the z axis up around .15 for it not to. It does this EVERY time i start a new print. I've spent many hours making my z axis bar is level, leveling the bed, adjusting the sensor etc. I used the TinyMachines video for reference 

I have no idea what i'm doing wrong. I think it has to be the start G-code that Cura provided when i selected my printer, but i'm so new i cannot figure out how best to address the issue. When i use the Creaility slicer it doesn't do this, but i like Cura way more. I'm hoping someone way more knowledgeable could look it over and let me know if they see any issues, or suggest other fixes maybe?

Start G-code

M201 X500.00 Y500.00 Z100.00 E5000.00 ;Setup machine max acceleration

M203 X500.00 Y500.00 Z10.00 E50.00 ;Setup machine max feedrate

M204 P500.00 R1000.00 T500.00 ;Setup Print/Retract/Travel acceleration

M205 X8.00 Y8.00 Z0.40 E5.00 ;Setup Jerk

M220 S100 ;Reset Feedrate

M221 S100 ;Reset Flowrate

G28 ;Home

G29 ;Auto Bed Leveling 

G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder

G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move Z Axis up

G1 X10.1 Y20 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to start position

G1 X10.1 Y200.0 Z0.28 F1500.0 E15 ;Draw the first line

G1 X10.4 Y200.0 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to side a little

G1 X10.4 Y20 Z0.28 F1500.0 E30 ;Draw the second line

G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder

G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move Z Axis up

Any help is greatly appreciated!

If you think the problem is the Start Gcode, simply compare the Gcode made with Cura with the one made with Creality slicer and find the difference!

Use Google to get Gcodes explained (what they do and where they are used for)... remove the "garbage" from the start Gcode in Cura you don't need!

I’ve spent many many hours looking up g codes online to compare what they do and looking at forums trying to figure out the problem. I tried editing the Goode myself and It made the problem far worse. This is why I was hoping for some help. But thanks for the advice!

Posted (edited) · Nozzle Scrapping Bed (Cura, Reality CR-10S Pro)

... did you compare Gcode made with Creality Slicer and Cura? What did you find?

Start with posting the first 25/30 lines of the Gcode files from both slicers so we can take a look at it....

Edited by Mari

Posted (edited) · Nozzle Scrapping Bed (Cura, Reality CR-10S Pro)

When that G28 auto-home is processed by the printer, it sends the print head up against the three axis switches.  That is 0 absolute.  The printer does NOT know where the bed is though.  If you hand level the bed, then it will be below absolute 0 and there is no way for the print head to hit it because the print head is hard against the Z switch and can't go any lower.  I'm thinking there is something going on with the G29 Auto Bed Leveling command (that is executed right after auto-home) and that your bed is above absolute Z=0 when the print starts.  Two problems - one mechanical and maybe a second one in the firmware or software or maybe even with the BLTouch gizmo.

I would start by leveling the bed manually to insure the nozzle can't drag.  There are Youtube videos galore on that.

In Cura, check for a setting called "Bed Adhesion / Z Offset" and make sure it is 0.

On the printer LCD, check the Home Offsets.  X and Y will be smallish negative numbers(Ex: X=-10 Y= -7).  Z should be 0.  The "Home Offset" defines a relative zero location and is what a running print uses as zero.

Edited by GregValiant