Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
gliphics

(Ultimaker S5) Nozzle offset probe failed.

Posted (edited) · (Ultimaker S5) Nozzle offset probe failed.

Hi, I've been having this issue for a few days now.  I get the "Nozzle offset probe failed. Check the nozzles and bed and try again.  

When auto-leveling, the bed comes up and pushes core 2 into the print head.  No matter how high I manually level the bed, I get the same issue.  

Here is what I've tried so far.  

Manually leveled the bed, at numerous different heights (tight springs to loose springs), re-seated the print head wire harness, re-seated the sensor plug, unplugged the fan and tried without it, updated firmware, changed print cores out with brand new ones and reset to factory settings.  

I'm not sure what else to look at.  Any help would be great!

Edited by gliphics
forgot to include printer name
  • Like 1

Posted · (Ultimaker S5) Nozzle offset probe failed.

If you look at the right print core, does that lift/lower as it should during the process? Does the print head move to the back right corner and use the little "bracket" there to actuate the little lever on the side of the print head? If it doesn't, you will need to perform a "Lift switch calibration" (it's simple and quick to do). It has happened on occasion that printers have lost this calibration.

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011545039-How-to-calibrate-the-Lift-switch-on-the-Ultimaker-S5

Posted · (Ultimaker S5) Nozzle offset probe failed.

I have been receiving this error a lot since the new firmware update. Could be coincidental but not sure what more to do about it.