This xvico is driving me mad.

Geneo

Posted · This xvico is driving me mad.

I bought a xvico printer. I am brand new at this. After messing around with for a few days I'm ready to try a print. When I tell it to print the nozzle goes to the bottom left corner. How do I change the home position to the center? 

In cura, in machine settings (prepare mode, click on your machine at top left, "manage printers") there is the option to have 0,0 be in the bottom left or in the center of your printer.  You want 0,0 to be in the bottom left corner so that it will print in the center.

Like gr5 says, it's a setting.  If you are doing the slicing and both your printer and Cura are set up as Center = 0 then all is well and good.  While you are in those settings double check that all of them match your machine.

The first movement command in a Gcode file is G28.  That tells the printer to "Go Home".  It is the only position where the printer actually knows where the print head is because it's up against the three switches.  Since that's where your printer headed, then Home 0,0,0 must the Left Front Corner on the machine.  That is hardwired in because that's where the switches are.

There is also a 0,0,0 used for actual printing.  It is referred to as Home Offset.  After you "Auto Home" the print head from the LCD (left front corner) you can move the print head (using the movement controls on the LCD) to the middle of the build plate and then select "Set Home Offset" under the Prepare menu.  I respectfully suggest that you do not do that.  Instead, from Home 0,0,0 move the print head X10mm and Y10mm and then select Set Home Offset on the LCD.  In Cura, do as gr5 says and make sure that Center = 0 is De-selected so that 0,0,0 is in the left front corner.

And relax.  If your getting all wound up now when you're just getting started, think about how bad it's gonna be in two weeks when you're totally confused.