Profile for .4mm strong walls using PLA

SPD

Posted · Profile for .4mm strong walls using PLA

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me. For a year now I have successfully printed thin walls for my cutters using the Prusa slicer with my Anycubic i3 Mega. 

I recently purchased an Ultimaker S5 and have not been able to produce, clean, strong, thin walls for my cutters (as in picture) since. I'm sure the S5 can do it but so far I have had no success.

Can anyone help me with this or help me to configure Prusa to use with the S5.  I have seen on many forums that Cura is not good for thin walls.

I typically need the cutting wall between .46mm and .49mm in width.  I use plain PLA.

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Desperate,

Stephen.

Cutters.jpg

Hi @SPD, could you also post some pictures of the prints you are getting out of your Ultimaker S5? That would probably help to identify some areas where you can improve. Thanks! 

These are a few of the problems as well as getting good strength in the .5mm cutting walls.

Thanks.

Stephen.

Holes.jpg

Over Extrusion on sharp corners..jpg

Stringing.jpg

Thanks, unfortunately the photo's (especially with the holes) could have a variety of reasons. Could you also share the Cura project file so we can look into all the settings you have? 

Can anyone help with this last problem I have with over extrusion and stringing on sharp corners?

Thanks.

Stephen.

Over extrusion and stringing on sharp corners.jpg