S5 Not displaying digital factory code

Posted · S5 Not displaying digital factory code

When i press the "connect" button the the S5 LCD the button changes to the loading screen for less than half a second then changes back to "connect" without showing the code.

Weird thing is the first time i did this (when digital factory was first released) it worked and i was able to add the printer and print over cloud. 

Thanks

39 minutes ago, studiohaala said:

Same problem here - can we please get a reply with a possible fix?

Thanks

Download your log files to USB and send them to @ctbeke or upload them in this thread.

Hi,

From the logging I think that somehow the network stack on the printer got confused and started reporting an invalid IP address. Usually this is fixed by restarting the printer or resetting the local data (in the settings menu).

Chris

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2020 at 11:18 PM, ctbeke said:

Hi,

From the logging I think that somehow the network stack on the printer got confused and started reporting an invalid IP address. Usually this is fixed by restarting the printer or resetting the local data (in the settings menu).

Chris

Hi Chris,

Looks like the firmware update yesterday fixed it somehow.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 2:00 PM, fbrc8-erin said:

Download your log files to USB and send them to @ctbeke or upload them in this thread.

Attached is a zip file with the logs. I updated the firmware, but I'm still not able to connect to the digital factory. code on S5 won't show. Thank you for your help :)

logfiles.zip

2 hours ago, studiohaala said:

Attached is a zip file with the logs. I updated the firmware, but I'm still not able to connect to the digital factory. code on S5 won't show. Thank you for your help 🙂

logfiles.zip 153.34 kB · 0 downloads

The logs contain the following line of interest:

ERR - stardust:144 - WebSocket error: gaierror(-2, 'Name or service not known')

A gaierror is thrown when a hostname is not valid during a DNS request. Is there anything in your local network that might influence DNS routing? If not, a reboot or factory reset of the printer might solve it.

Was there a fix to this, we are getting the same issue. DNS resolves fine but once you hit Connect it just refreshes and goes back to the Connect screen.1116532376_ScreenShot2021-07-08at1_46_44PM.thumb.png.6d2399775eea75b8e1d8670b1cdd00dd.png

We are having exactly the same problem - ethernet connection works, i can view the camera over the network.

In addition the print over network in cura doesn't work anymore.

Reset both the printer and the digital factory didn't help.

All of this worked until last week, i don't know what happened in the meantime.

48 minutes ago, SchraubenPhil said:

We are having exactly the same problem - ethernet connection works, i can view the camera over the network.

In addition the print over network in cura doesn't work anymore.

Reset both the printer and the digital factory didn't help.

All of this worked until last week, i don't know what happened in the meantime.

Log please ;)

Posted (edited) · S5 Not displaying digital factory code
    47 minutes ago, ctbeke said:

Log please 😉

LogFiles.zip

Edited by SchraubenPhil

On 8/11/2021 at 10:38 AM, SchraubenPhil said:

Thanks for that.

I see a lot of logs about things timing out, both network requests and processes inside the printer itself. I'll forward these logs to the embedded software team so they can have a look what's going on.

In the mean time, you could try a firmware factory reset via the display and see if that improves things?

Chris

On 8/13/2021 at 9:49 AM, ctbeke said:

Thanks for that.

I see a lot of logs about things timing out, both network requests and processes inside the printer itself. I'll forward these logs to the embedded software team so they can have a look what's going on.

In the mean time, you could try a firmware factory reset via the display and see if that improves things?

Chris

Thank you for the help.

After resetting the network connection everything works again. It was a problem with our local network.

• Like 1

I am having the same issue. Log files are below if you wouldn't mind to take a look and advise. Thanks!

dmesg.log flow_Ultimaker-27eac2.log process_data.log sensor_data.log

16 hours ago, sbguilbault said:

Hi,

Can you upload the full ZIP file? These files do not contain the messages I need to debug your printer.

Chris

On 8/17/2021 at 3:08 AM, ctbeke said:

Hi,

Can you upload the full ZIP file? These files do not contain the messages I need to debug your printer.

Chris

Sorry about that. Let's try again...

logfiles.zip

15 hours ago, sbguilbault said:

Sorry about that. Let's try again...

logfiles.zip 2.03 MB · 0 downloads

Hi,

I see many "SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED" errors in your log. Is there anything in your local network that intercepts or prevents SSL handshakes from taking place? You can also read our networking guide on which hosts and ports to allow in your firewall for everything to work correctly.

Chris

Hello, I have the same problem, when i press the button nothing happens. The firmware on the printer is 6.5.1. And I don't understand why still don't work... Can you Help me please 🙂

Logs.zip

5 hours ago, Elias03 said:

Hello, I have the same problem, when i press the button nothing happens. The firmware on the printer is 6.5.1. And I don't understand why still don't work... Can you Help me please 🙂

Logs.zip 255.31 kB · 0 downloads

Hi,

I see the following error:

websocket._exceptions.WebSocketAddressException: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution

This usually happens when for some reason the printer cannot perform a DNS request. Often a temporary or local network configuration problem is the root cause. Are you on a network controlled by an IT department that could help you figure out why DNS is not working?

Next to this I also see some some errors about the Air Manager. For this it's best to contact your reseller so that the firmware issues are correctly reported to the responsible teams and fixed.

Chris

hi 

i dont recieve the code, it stays blank, can you help me with this how i can connect to digital factory service?

logs-ultimakersystem-ccbdd3007385-8.2.0-20240403070258.zip

90% of the time this is due to network blocking on your local network (security settings/firewall/etc)
    Guide here: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1667337958118

UltiMaker does not provide direct support via the community.
    I would recommend reaching out to UltiMaker directly for help on this matter.
    Contact support here: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/contactsupport