Underextrusion problems

Posted · Underextrusion problems

We recently changed the Filament from Ultimaker PLA White to Ultimaker PLA Silver metallic.

The print shown in the pictures is the first print after the material change, it shows signs of underextrusion that didn't occur with the white PLA Filament.

We removed the Material out of the Bowden-Tube and saw the scratch marks that produced by the Feeder which wasn't the case before.

I would like to know if anyone knows what the problem could be or has some ideas.

20200715_074547.jpg

20200715_074459.jpg

20200715_074514.jpg

20200715_074949.jpg

20200715_074953.jpg

Hi @TrentexTech

If you have not already done so I would try cleaning the print cores as you might have a part blockage that’s making the feeder slip and dig into the filament what would make it slip more.

Also with how that’s marked up I would also clean the feeder out also as you will likely have all bit of filament inside the feeder what can make problems also.

Hi TrentexTech,

This is a serious under extrusion for sure and I'll agree with Carla_Birch.

I'd just wonder if this is an UM S5, this because of the grinding marks of the filament..

When looking close to your print, I'll think that the BB core also show sign of under extrusion but not sure here..

Come to think about the cooling fan used for both cores, could a failure here cause this problem?

If this fan fail somehow, this might be what happen.

Just my thoughts

Thanks

Torgeir