Firmware 5.7.3 released for S-line printers

Szahari

Posted · Firmware 5.7.3 released for S-line printers

Hi all,

I was beaten to the punch by Link, but here it is officially too:

Firmware 5.7.3 has been released for the S-line printers. Theres some much requested features in there, such as the Material Station lights being adjustable for the pro Bundle and the camera streaming images over the cloud in the digital factory (both S5 and S3)

You can read the full release notes here.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Are there plans to see the data (Stream and remaining time) also in the App? (Via Cloud not in the Local network like in the Digital Factory)

4 minutes ago, Jonas98 said:

Are there plans to see the data (Stream and remaining time) also in the App? (Via Cloud not in the Local network like in the Digital Factory)

Yeah it would be good if the app could pull the data and display it, save having to exit the app and load up the wed site interface.

On 7/20/2020 at 4:05 PM, Carla_Birch said:

Yeah it would be good if the app could pull the data and display it, save having to exit the app and load up the wed site interface.

We currently have no plans to update the app to work with the cloud. You can use the mobile web UI however via https://digitalfactory.ultimaker.com and maybe pin that to your home screen. All the functionality available in the app is available there as well, with the exception of printer analytics (which we'll make available in the cloud as well in the near future).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctbeke said:

We currently have no plans to update the app to work with the cloud. You can use the mobile web UI however via https://digitalfactory.ultimaker.com and maybe pin that to your home screen. All the functionality available in the app is available there as well, with the exception of printer analytics (which we'll make available in the cloud as well in the near future).

👍

One issue with the new version (actually since 5.4.24) is that there is no option to skip the buildplate cooldown delay. It's a real pain, especially since we print a lot of high temp materials, like PC, CPE+, PP etc. First of all it takes a while to get to the set temperature but then once done a print we now have to wait till the bed drops to 60C just to heat it back up to over 100C again. I'm writing this while I'm waiting, I was hoping that it would have been fixed with the new firmware but I guess not. When could this be reverted to the previous behavior or does anyone know a trick to get around the cooldown wait period?

@jkcz I dont know of any tricks to get around it, but there are still many tricks the devs have that will show up in upcoming firmware(s) that will likely tackle this issue

15 hours ago, Szahari said:

@jkcz I dont know of any tricks to get around it, but there are still many tricks the devs have that will show up in upcoming firmware(s) that will likely tackle this issue

Thanks, hopefully this gets included in the next release. I wasted about an hour yesterday trying to print a ~45min part. Whereas with the old firmware I could abort and skip cooldown if I noticed a material blockage at the start of the print, now it takes about 15 minutes or more between prints.

Another issue I noticed was that now after the print completes the nozzle just stays above the part, in my case the bed was set to 110C and it waited till it cooled down to 90C before it lowered the bed and went to the home position. What also happened a couple times since the update is that during this time it retracted the material slowly, back about 10cm into the Bowden tube and obviously the next time I went to print the material wasn't in the printhead so no extrusion possible and yet again another 15min retry cycle. I want to use the new firmware and all the cloud benefits it brings to the table but at this point it almost isn't worth the tradeoffs. Hopefully these can be addressed soon, I don't want to downgrade yet again.

Hi jkcz, i totally understand. Regarding the nozzle staying above the part, could you perhaps share your models 3mf with me so I can try investigate? You can send it to me via a pm.