How do I 3d print from an ender 3 pro?

davidstone11

Posted · How do I 3d print from an ender 3 pro?

The only problem is that when I download a file to the SD card the printer can't read it, I am trying other ways how to download load it but the printer can only read gcode file. So maybe I figure that I can use the USB maybe it would be easier I just trying different ways.

Posted (edited) · How do I 3d print from an ender 3 pro?

You probably downloaded a STL-file... you need to create Gcode... (with cura)...

Edited by Mari

I don't have an Ender 3 but I know some printers only accept certain types of sd cards. Not SDHC etc.. 

Also you may have to select the reprap gcode in machine settings.

I have used SDHC card, no problem with Ender 3 (Pro)... He is probably using the SD-card he got with the printer!

Creality uses MARLIN!

Edited by Mari

Can I change the setting on my printer to read STL instead of gcode? If so how do I do that?

Yes I am using the SD card that came with the printer is that the issue??

Read STL - NO! You need to create gcode!

Micro-SD-Card is OK...

Edited by Mari

The only problem is that I not sure how to do the gcode because I am making my 3d designs on cura and downloading it but the 3d printer can't read it, how do I make it a gcode?

Is Marlin the software for ender 3 pro? Not ultimaker cura?

The Ender 3 Pro is running Marlin, you need to install Ultimaker Cura software to convert STL into GCODE!

Check this video on Youtube, it explains how to set-up Cura for Ender 3 Pro:

Ok thank you for your help

31 minutes ago, davidstone11 said:

The only problem is that I not sure how to do the gcode because I am making my 3d designs on cura and downloading it but the 3d printer can't read it, how do I make it a gcode?

... are you sure? Cura is for slicing (converting obj/stl-files to Gcode)...

22 minutes ago, davidstone11 said:

Is Marlin the software for ender 3 pro? Not ultimaker cura?

Hi,

there seems to be some confusion in software and codes that should be solved first:

We have to differ between:

1. firmware. This is the operating system of your printer. In the case of Ender3 it's Marlin, as @Mari just posted.
    2. gcode. This is the set of instructions, your printer uses to print. Depending on the firmware of your printer, the "flavor" of gcode can vary.
    3. slicing software (for example Cura). This is the program, which translates an object (mostly .stl) into gcode. In the settings of Cura, all informations about printer, printer size and gcode-flavor (marlin or other) have to be made. Cura is THE user-interface used for printing (or technically: generating the gcode, the instruction set for your printer)
    4. object. this is the 3d model (mostly .stl) you want to print. This is translated by the slicer (Cura) into gcode.
    5. 3d software / CAD software. This is used to generate 3d models

Regards