Unable to print hollow object

sabbot

Posted (edited) · Unable to print hollow object

Hi, I tried to print pusheen cat which was supposed to be a hollow object. But the printer kept filling inside, so I stopped printing. I was using Ender 3 pro and PLA+ filament. The nozzle temperature was 210 degree Celsius and bed temperature was 70 degree Celsius. The print speed was 30mm/s.  The layer height was set to 0.2mm, the infill was 0% and the maximum resolution was 0.1. I used support, the pattern was zig-zag the support density was 10%. The wall thickness was 0.8mm. Please help me out. 

IMG_20200805_083028.jpg

FB_IMG_1596458874763.jpg

pusheen_little_tail.stl

Edited by sabbot
I added the stl file

Posted · Unable to print hollow object

Mine is hollow, so could be a setting in Cura that is wrong! First I thought "Support Placement", but is doesn't matter if it is set to "touching buildplate" or "everywhere".

hollow.thumb.png.b5282fac1b4bf4ac2b8b4eb2041b324f.png

3 hours ago, Mari said:

Mine is hollow, so could be a setting in Cura that is wrong! First I thought "Support Placement", but is doesn't matter if it is set to "touching buildplate" or "everywhere".

Please let me know if you can solve this problem. 

hollow.thumb.png.b5282fac1b4bf4ac2b8b4eb2041b324f.png

It slices fine for me with just setting infill to 0% from your image above that i can see matches the preview in cura and its the base of the model printing with some support on the outside, once the base is printed the rest as no infill.

Are you trying to print it without a base?

129975430_Screenshot2020-08-05at09_45_00.thumb.png.3341527eda055f8d78dd964a8ef77180.png

1256889365_Screenshot2020-08-05at09_45_12.thumb.png.0f72fdbd155b44df1376be59e44906e7.png

21 minutes ago, sabbot said:

I tried to print it with support and the support pattern was zig zag

It's the same no matter what support pattern i slice with, you get the solid base with support around it to support the outside overhang and that is what i see happening in your print from the photo above.

If you post your settings in full you might have something set that does something else, but from i can see from my trys with the stl it slices fine and seems to be printing fine also. What does your slice preview show?

Thanks guys for answering my questions. I guess I wasn't patient enough for the whole print to be completed. Now I have started printing again and it's just doing great so far. Thanks again 

45 minutes ago, sabbot said:

Thanks guys for answering my questions. I guess I wasn't patient enough for the whole print to be completed. Now I have started printing again and it's just doing great so far. Thanks again 

No problem, this is why its a good idea to always preview the sliced file before you send it to print. So you can see just how it will print and also so you can check for any errors eg supports in wrong places or thin walls that will not be printed before its sent to print.

To solve possible problems, we need more information than you are giving us... You only tell us the printing temperature, the type of filament, layerheight, infill percentage, support... but Cura has many more settings...

Next time EXPORT the object you want to print as 3MF-file, so we have not only the object but also your printer profile and the settings!

It seems there is no problem with the object you want to print...