Extruder position. Zero offset G92 issue

Wallfort94

Posted · Extruder position. Zero offset G92 issue

Hey all,

I am running in a issue with my 3D printer. The extruder kicks out the filament from it's direct drive when the gcode calls for a G92  axis zero offset for the extruded.

Basically my extruder will go to E1546

Then G92 

The next block will be E0

. It's trying to set a new zero. 

Is there a setting in Cura that will continue the increments rather then execute the G92? 

My interpreter doesn't accept G92

N28260 G1 F1650 X-24.7 Y-24.7 Q1=1562.9999
    N28270 G1 X24.7 Y-24.7 Q1=1565.78762
    N28280 G1 X24.7 Y24.7 Q1=1568.57534
    N28290 G53 Q1=0

N28300 G1 X-24.7 Y24.7 Q1=2.78772
    N28310 G0 F7200 X-24.7 Y24.4
    N28320 G0 X-24.1 Y24.1
    N28330 G1 F3000 Q1=-3.71228

I would prefer to just have the Q1 which is my extruder  keep going from 1568.57534  . I don't want my position to revert to 0.

When generating Gcode for my Creality machine (Marlin), Cura will keep building up the E value until it gets north of 4000, and then it resets it to zero and starts up again.  I have suspicions as to why that is but I don't really know the reason, I just know it's true.  In a large file that will happen multiple times.  

In your code snippet - the first Q1 after the reset is in line with the extruder having been reset to zero.  It will print fine.

Posted (edited) · Extruder position. Zero offset G92 issue

Hi Greg,

@GregValiant

Thanks for your reply.  Is there a way to stop the reset to zero and just have it increment past  4000? I think I understand why they are resetting around that many increments. Possibly due to Encoder constraints and rollover?  I am not running Marlin firmware. I am making my own code and my interpreter doesn't like G92 unfortunately( I know really Dumb haha). I was able to print most of my part until G92 was called. Then the stepper direct drive went in reverse and kicked out my filament haha. It was pretty exciting.

Best Regards,

Wallfort94

Edited by Wallfort94

1 hour ago, Wallfort94 said:

Is there a way to stop the reset to zero and just have it increment past  4000? I think I understand why they are resetting around that many increments. Possibly due to Encoder constraints and rollover?

Actually the CuraEngine does it after every 10000 mm³ extruded volume.

More about the reason here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/CuraEngine/issues/14

Exceptions are single extruder machines with GCode flavors "Bits from Bytes" and "Makerbot"

for reference: https://github.com/Ultimaker/CuraEngine/blob/master/src/gcodeExport.cpp#L862

(dunno if this is of any help... it's perhaps easier if you fix your software... 😛)

@Ambassador

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I am stuck with the  g code interpreter that I am using.  

Bits from bytes is a great option since it is  doing relative moves for the extruder.

I found that Sailfish(Makerbot) seems to be the best fit.  Everything is absolute positioning and I don't get G92 .