Need help printing a 2 part mold

SizzlerSister

Posted · Need help printing a 2 part mold

Hi! I'm relatively new to the world of 3D printing. I have an Ender 3 3D printer. I'm trying to print a 2 part mold for a figurine. I printed it out but the mold was filled in, leaving only an outline of the figure. I've looked up and followed a few tutorials and I oriented the mold different ways before printing. But I can't seem to get it right. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

What happened to you Jim Pickens.jpg

Jim Pickens Mold3.stl

Posted · Need help printing a 2 part mold
    20 hours ago, SizzlerSister said:

Does anyone have any suggestions?

a few i have...

1. Always check the generated gcode in the "Preview" stage before you send it to a printer

2. Install the "Mesh Tools" plugin from Marketplace. It checks loaded models for errors and shows a warning on screen.

3. Repair the 3D model   JimPickensMold3.stl

image.thumb.png.91105171f58f5fbc06e079fcfe7e39e6.png