Nozzle options for S3?

jcastaner

Posted · Nozzle options for S3?

Hi,

I have an S3 printer at work and I need to print some higher detail small parts. I only have the 0.4mm cores that came with the machine. Is it possible to swap out the 0.4mm brass nozzle with a 0.25mm nozle without changing the core or do I need to buy the whole 0.25mm core? Thanks :)

Nozzle swap, as on the UM2, is not possible. Because the swap corresponds to a conversion that can - but does not have to - succeed mechanically. In addition, the software can only be tricked out afterwards.

There is also a third-party manufacturer (3D-Solex) that sells cores with swap nozzles. But that is also only a compromise. (In any case, you can't save a cent this way)

Better you buy an appropriate core. I swap the printer cores almost daily (0.8,0.6,0.4,0.25) This is a feature of the printers. It is faster than screwing and therefore worth it.

You can buy nozzles that fit the print core from a few places, the main problem is the risk of breaking the print core in doing so because it’s got a thin metal neck part that you could snap easy if you twist the heat block when taking the nozzle out.

the printer will still think it’s a 0.4mm nozzle so you will need to edit the line widths in Cura 

15 hours ago, UlrichC-DE said:

There is also a third-party manufacturer (3D-Solex) that sells cores with swap nozzles. But that is also only a compromise.

Note that 3dsolex sells also 0.15mm and 0.1mm nozzles for S3 (and all other UM printers and some other manufacturers).

6 hours ago, gr5 said:

Note that 3dsolex sells also 0.15mm and 0.1mm nozzles for S3 (and all other UM printers and some other manufacturers).

I dissociate myself from 3dsolex.

I haven't tested it so I can't recommend it.
    If the traders would see it the same way, the world would be a more peaceful place. 😉