Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cura 4.7 Spiralized contour Setting Blobs

Bizkozine

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.7 Spiralized contour Setting Blobs

I was trying to print vase Mode just to test my printer, so I am using spiralized contour with smooth spiralized contour on. The normal procedure when printing is that it should print the base first and then create a spiralized contour all the way up without stopping. But for some reason every 1/3 of the spiral it stopped for a bit and continue, because of that it create blob. I have turned on retract every layer change settings but it didn't retract when it stops. Is there any settings that I missed?

20200908_165102.jpg

Update: found the problem, it was actually the STL file causing the problem, I tried to print it with different version of cura didn't work and i tried other slicer like prusaslicer but still the same results. after trying to find other stl file now it works.

Edited by Bizkozine
Update

Posted · Cura 4.7 Spiralized contour Setting Blobs

Are you printing over the USB?  If so then put the file on an SD card and print that way.

Essentially, there is only 1 layer (a really long one) with Spiralize so it shouldn't retract once it's above the base.  You could try setting your line width to .6 to make the walls a bit stronger.

3 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

Are you printing over the USB?  If so then put the file on an SD card and print that way.

Essentially, there is only 1 layer (a really long one) with Spiralize so it shouldn't retract once it's above the base.  You could try setting your line width to .6 to make the walls a bit stronger.

I'm already printing it with SD card. it's suppose to do that but for some reason every 1/3 of the spiral it briefly stop and continue again that's why it has that pimple effect. I might try that in the future thank you.

19 hours ago, Bizkozine said:

at this point it's the 4.7 that causing the problem. Might try using 4.6.2 for this

update:
    I tried using cura 4.6.2 but the problem still there

Then it's probably not the issue that I linked.

I tried using other printer in cura setting before i was using Custom i3 style printer CFFFP. it's still the same 

Usually stuttering blobs dissapear by printing at slower speeds. STLs with high number of triangles / vertices cause that. Going slow gives the printer a chance to "think ahead".