Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

How do I add my Printer's logo to the Cura 'bed'?

Posted · How do I add my Printer's logo to the Cura 'bed'?

I've seen folks add custom graphics for their particular printer to the Cura 'bed' but I cannot see to find instructions on how to do this - is there a Forum post, wiki or other resource that tells me where to put files that I want to appear on the 'bed' of my Cura software?

Thank you.

Mark

I don't think there is a forum post about that, but not sure.

The print bed in Cura is a kind of picture, which is located in the directory with the printer definitions. So when you look into the directory for your printer profile, there you should be able to find the picture or the configuration file where you can see the location.

This information is just our of my head, but take a look at the printer profiles, then you should find it.

Figured it out.

Two things have to happen:

- an STL measuring X x Y x 3mm (for Z) has to be created and stored in the C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.7\resources\meshes directory

- the printer definition json has to have a line added called "platform": "filename_of_stl" added in the metadata section.

Results:

Screenshot_092820_125637_PM.jpg

Trying to do a profile for my new printer I copied everything from another one and customized it but the only thing I can't figure is how to center the platform mesh... I tried both with stl and 3mf.. 

Bed is 300x300 so I make the stl 300x300 .. 

Any idea ? (I know it look ugly but I'm just trying to understand at this point... artwork will come after..

2020-10-11 14_57_31-Ultimaker Cura.png

When I made a rectangle I ended up at 1mm undersize on X and Y.  I can't remember why I had to do that (it was over a week ago) but it worked to get it centered.  I ended up with just the logo without a base.  It's hard to see.  I think I'll start a thread so I can complain about it not being able to fade through different colors.  Maybe a plug-in would work.

Stoopid.png

Posted (edited) · How do I add my Printer's logo to the Cura 'bed'?
    12 hours ago, mrdindon said:

... I can't figure is how to center the platform mesh...

You need to correct the position with platform_offset [x,z,y]. The offset starts in the center of the platform (eg. for a 300x300 build plate the start point is at x=150 y=150 and in addition you maybe need to offset the height too).

Example for a 642x320 platform with 4 mm height (in addition for my glass surface) the offset is:

"platform_offset": [-321, -4, 160],

Edited by DivingDuck
    • Like 1

If you want to do this yourself, just drop this in C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.4\resources\meshes (you really have to select the word "this" if you just download from anything it won't work properly) and overwrite the file that's already there.

I do not know the paths for other operating systems, but you should be able to find the directory if you are searching for "creality ender3.stl" in the cura installation folder