SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

ktsandhu

Posted (edited) · SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Not sure who I'm addressing this too, there doesn't appear to be any type of structured support. 

I have been having troubles with the Ultimaker2+ which was purchased around 3 months ago. Time after time when I leave work and return in the morning I'm greeted with a giant roll of wasted filament because the bowden tube KEEPS coming loose (usually after about 5-10 hours of run time). 

I've tried cutting a fresh part of the bowden tube for the connector, I've swapped the tube AND the couplers from the maintenance kit that was purchased with the machine (and taken apart the housing around the tensioner and cleaned it). I got three of four good prints (around 60 hours of run time) then the next print I tried its happened again! 

I'm really quite appalled with how much this is happening. I posted a thread on the forum a little while back about the extruder gear and that it ground the Filament and no one replied. 

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING??? When the printer works it does an incredible job but my god is it frustrating to be constantly let down by a machine that can produce quality parts. I have a prusa i3mk3 at home and in terms of reliability it's making this printer look awful.

Like the title suggests I'm really starting to lose patience and I'm out of ideas now as to why this keeps happening. If there's a number of person you could put me in direct contact with I'd really appreciate it. I'm under a lot of pressure with projects at work and I cannot afford for these idiosyncrasies to keep occurring. 

Thanks in adv,

Kiran 

filament.jpg

Edited by ktsandhu

• ktsandhu changed the title to SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    Posted · SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Some thing I learned of a long time ago was to pull up the white part of tube clip while pushing down the tube, I use a pair of tweezers to do this - it ensures the tube is securely fixed to the tube, then I put the blue clip under the white part

I have not had the tube come out on my UM2 for years

good luck

• Like 1

Have you visually inspected the white collets that you stick the bowden tube into? It should have 4 small metal blades that pierce into the bowden tube and hold it in its place. It is possible that perhaps yours are bent, or perhaps not all 4 are present? I would get in touch with a local reseller and see if you can purchase a few of those white collets.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stu_le_brew said:

Some thing I learned of a long time ago was to pull up the white part of tube clip while pushing down the tube, I use a pair of tweezers to do this - it ensures the tube is securely fixed to the tube, then I put the blue clip under the white part

I have not had the tube come out on my UM2 for years

good luck

Yes, I do it similarly: I push in the tube, then while I keep pushing on the tube, I lift the ring of the collet, and slide the horseshoe clip onto it. So it sits all the way down without any play. Never had tubes coming off.

To make this easier, I made a custom horseshoe clip, so it doesn't keep falling when I try to handle it:

horseshoeclip.jpg.f0b28c4ee645faf0935adc8b67b35887.jpg

It is old but still on my page (and then scroll down):

https://www.uantwerpen.be/nl/personeel/geert-keteleer/manuals/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
    On 10/8/2020 at 10:47 AM, SandervG said:

Have you visually inspected the white collets that you stick the bowden tube into? It should have 4 small metal blades that pierce into the bowden tube and hold it in its place. It is possible that perhaps yours are bent, or perhaps not all 4 are present? I would get in touch with a local reseller and see if you can purchase a few of those white collets.

I've exchanged the unit now. I did purchase a maintenance kit in parallel with the machine, I had replaced both the bowden tube and collets which didn't help unfortunately. 

In hindsight I was using ToughPLA on a UM2+ which I don't think is compatible perhaps for this reason? 

10 minutes ago, ktsandhu said:

In hindsight I was using ToughPLA on a UM2+ which I don't think is compatible perhaps for this reason? 

Nah, I don't think that matters honestly. Unless there are reasons I am currently not aware of, you should be able to print ToughPla on an UM2+.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 6:40 PM, geert_2 said:

Yes, I do it similarly: I push in the tube, then while I keep pushing on the tube, I lift the ring of the collet, and slide the horseshoe clip onto it. So it sits all the way down without any play. Never had tubes coming off.

To make this easier, I made a custom horseshoe clip, so it doesn't keep falling when I try to handle it:

horseshoeclip.jpg.f0b28c4ee645faf0935adc8b67b35887.jpg

It is old but still on my page (and then scroll down):

https://www.uantwerpen.be/nl/personeel/geert-keteleer/manuals/

Thank you geert, I'll give this a whirl. I might print the snake clamps too whilst I'm at it