Removing Material Profiles from S5

eschwartz96

Posted · Removing Material Profiles from S5

I would like to remove a material profile from my S5's material list. I no longer use the material and would prefer it not be in the list. I have removed it from my account and cura. According to this article materials are one-way synced and not deleted off the machine when removed from Cura.

image.thumb.png.e59edcb04b750e9997b0b7c88585289f.png

You can remove the material manually via the printer api:

http://<PRINTER-IP>/docs/api/#/Materials 

Read the upper part with authentication, you need to create an user first.

• Like 2

Yes, it looks more complicated on the first look as it is actually. And it is nice, that you can fire the api calls directly from the webpage, so no need to write an external script or so for some simple things.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I am trying to get connected to the printer, but in our Institution the intranet is somehow complex. Is there any other way to remove the materials from the list?

Greets

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...

@Smithy

So I tried the above steps and I am getting an "authorization required" response in the Delete Materials part. I did the authentication and then the check with the ID given from the authentication. The response from check was "authorized". 

Hi,

following with the topic. I have access to the API and did the authentification.. everything pretty smooth until the point were i have to delete the materials that were duplicated or that i am not using anymore... i dont know how to identify them in the API.  and i have more than 50. Do you guys have any tips in order to indentify and delete them?