Is Aquasys compatible with PLA ?

Nicko_Airbus

Posted · Is Aquasys compatible with PLA ?

As Aquasys120 is fully compatible with PLA the only reason to keep the PVA might be the price tag, PVA being the less expensive of the two materials. But that is only a topic if you print really a lot.

• Like 1

I read on the datasheets that Aquasys dissolves at 70°C-80°C: does that mean that this is the minimum temperature to make it dissolve, or is that just the optimal for the fastest results? How does it perform in cold or hand-warm water, thus below 45°C, for PLA?

It would be good if you could some feedback on your experiences.

On 12/11/2020 at 8:16 AM, geert_2 said:

I read on the datasheets that Aquasys dissolves at 70°C-80°C: does that mean that this is the minimum temperature to make it dissolve, or is that just the optimal for the fastest results? How does it perform in cold or hand-warm water, thus below 45°C, for PLA?

It would be good if you could some feedback on your experiences.

I used aquasys 120 and it dissolves pretty well even at 40 C. I made a part from PLA and the structure was Aquasys and verything was fine.