2mm Nozzle

X-Type

No, for me that's too much 🙂 

But keep in mind that your hot end should be able to melt a lot of filament in a very short time. Most hot ends are not able to do this. 

I have actually printed on a 2mm nozzle. It won't work on a regular nozzle as the core of the filament wont really melt and you will have to print very slow. I use the 3d Solex matchless nozzles and its more possible to print 2mm. The matchless nozzles increase the surface area of the nozzle and allow the filament to melt more thoroughly. It requires experimenting with the settings though.

Ultimaker S line printers are rated for a max build speed of 24 mm³/s maximum.

So if you use a 2 mm nozzle with lets say 0.5 mm layers you could print at max 24 mm/s (Nozzle diameter * layer hight * print speed). 

0.8 mm is allready really big for FDM, did you allready try it? In that case, with 0.4mm layers you could go up to 75 mm/s.

Keep in mind these values are theory, I would allways take them with care and take some margin.

If you really want to push more matérial you would have ton consider changing the extruder and the heater block (Wich is, as far as I know, not possible any more on actual manufactured UM printers)

Posted · 2mm Nozzle

Well, if I print 0,12mm layers at 2mm width assuming 24mm³/s max I can go 100mm/s printspeed.
    But I have no intensions of such speed. Half, max, is fine for me. So that means I will have plenty of margin with a 2mm nozzle :)

Posted · 2mm Nozzle

I think I will drill one of the nozzles I have and give it a try :) 

Will make for sturdy vases in vase mode :D

Yeah, I feel like its only really useful if ur just getting a basic idea for a design or if you want vases with a cool design.