Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Small creases forming on first layer, unknown cause or resolution

Posted (edited) · Small creases forming on first layer, unknown cause or resolution

I have an UM3S and am using Cura 4.8.0 I am attempting to print an imported file from Autodesk Fusion 360. I am using Generic CPE settings with a 3rd party filament. My only problem is that when the printer is printing the first layer a skip or studder or something of that nature happens along the same line across the skin of the first layer creating an imperfection or seam all the way across it when there should just be straight lines. I have included photos to show how the filament creates this seam when it should be printing a straight line all the way across. It does not heavily affect the print but I would like to know if anyone has seen this type of nature before or if there is a resolution to it. Picture one and two are from the under the bed looking up and picture three is from above the bed looking down with an arrow of where the crease starts. I am guessing this is in relation to the slicer because that is what tells the printer to make these specific lines or possibly the printer but I hope not. I forgot to mention that I have attempted to move the print to a new location of the print bed to see if it had anything to do with auto leveling but it made the crease again in the exact same place as the first time. Any comments welcome

1stLayerCrease2.jpg

1stLayerCrease3.jpg

1stLayerCrease1_LI.jpg

Upper_Crossbrace.3mf

Edited by GoguyT3d
Added 3mf