Jump to content
UltiMaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

What are these?


Recommended Posts

Posted · What are these?

I recently purchased an S5.  On the back of the machine, there are four loose clips over the power cord, as shown here.  Can someone tell me where/how these are supposed to be used?  I assume they connect to the filament tubes, but I am not sure how.  A picture would be helpful.  Maybe I just missed this in the setup guide...




  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · What are these?

    The wide part goes around your print head cable. The two narrow parts come together at your bowden tube. Only put the clips over the printhead cable and one bowden tube (so you're not straining the other tube). I've attached a picture. 


  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Our picks

      • New here? Get ahead with a free onboarding course
        Often getting started is the most difficult part of any process. A good start sets you up for success and saves you time and energy that could be spent elsewhere. That is why we have a onboarding course ready for
        Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle, Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 Ultimaker 2+ Connect.   
        They're ready for you on the Ultimaker Academy platform. All you need to do to gain access is to register your product to gain free access. 
        Ready? Register your product here in just 60 seconds.
          • Like
        • 14 replies
    • Create New...