UM3 drive gear/wheel...

Posted · UM3 drive gear/wheel...

Hi all,

I am getting some issues with my UM3, mostly relating to an under extrusion and increased frequency of jams and grinding in the feeder.

After ruling out the typical issues, and double checking the basic setup,  I had a closer look inside my feeders.
They both look like the knurling on the drive wheels/gears has worn away a little. So I increased the tension on my feeders and it helped my problems.

So my question is, is it possible to buy replacement drive wheels for the UM3? I can only find them for the Ultimaker Original.

I know I could upgrade to BondTech or similar, but would prefer to just fix what is already there, and likely to be a much cheaper option..

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Rich

Posted (edited) · UM3 drive gear/wheel...

Hi Rich,

According to the BOM for UM3, the name of this unit is; "Grip axis" and P/N is; 1960-1.

Best place to find this item is your UM dealer in your country, I'll think.

If there is starting to be "much" play between this shaft and the (plastic) gear wheel you may consider changing this gear wheel as well.

Good luck.

Thanks

Torgeir

Edited by Torgeir
    Added text.