Retraction: Top of printhead moving

Posted · Retraction: Top of printhead moving

Hi,

I had a similar problem, although I also noticed the tube kept coming away from the print head and I had a lot more movement than in your video. Might be worth taking off the blue clip and then while putting some pressure on the grey plug, push the tube down as much as it will go. It took me a few goes but eventually I found there was less movement. Then put the red clip back. See how that works.

I have similar movement on mine. I just figured it was because the top of the plastic housing of the head was slightly too thin and allowed the clip to move a bit. I haven't noticed any ill effects on my prints so I haven't bothered doing anything about it. If it started causing issues for me I'd just put a shim underneath it to lock it in place.

Ok,

Prints are fine actually, had some issues which seemed to relate to warping afterwards.

Also some sagging issues, but I do not know if they will improve with tightening this clip.

I was worried However that it would decrease retraction effectiveness.

When I find the time, I will tighten it for good measure and check check doublecheck.

Thanks for the replies!

Cheers,

Lennart