Only 1/2 of my object is printing

TrollingFlies

Posted · Only 1/2 of my object is printing

Hello,

I'm really not sure if this is a Cura problem, or a problem with my HE3D printer. My printer is a dual extruder, single nozzle model.

I have an object that is 249 layers high.  When I print the object with only extruder, it prints the object with no problems.

When I switch to print the same object with 2 colors, it stops around the 125th layer.  The object is printed using extruder 1 until the 186th layer.  So it's not quitting when there is a call for the filament to change.  

When it stops, it just plain stops.  The nozzle is left on the object, and the screen returns to the home screen.  It's doesn't say print complete, it just stops and returns to the home screen.

Am I missing something simple?  I have attached a copy of the gcode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chip

2 color spinner.gcode

All the layers are in the gcode and the gcode finishes up correctly.  We'll see what Torgier comes up with looking at the 3mf.

I'm going to assume you are printing via the SD card.  The problem you are seeing can happen when an SD card gets corrupted.  You copy a gcode file to the card but some of it lands in a corrupt sector.  Re-formatting a card usually sorts this out.  If you are printing via USB there are other things that can happen to stop a print. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GregValiant said:

All the layers are in the gcode and the gcode finishes up correctly.  We'll see what Torgier comes up with looking at the 3mf.

I'm going to assume you are printing via the SD card.  The problem you are seeing can happen when an SD card gets corrupted.  You copy a gcode file to the card but some of it lands in a corrupt sector.  Re-formatting a card usually sorts this out.  If you are printing via USB there are other things that can happen to stop a print. 

Thanks.  Yes, I am printing from an SD card.  I can try reformatting it and see what happens.  Thank you.

Well I've been looking through the file, but could not find anything wrong as far as I could see.

However, got a little surprise when I opened the project file, the model was very different -until I've realized that both fins was installed on the bed..  😁   -And I could not rice them in any way, as they kept falling down..

Ehem, until I've realized that I've to turn off the function "Automatic drop the model down to the bed"..

I could not find anything wrong with your model, as it went all ok through a number of gcode previewer apps I have..

I'll assume that this might be something that your printer is responding to?

So, lets hope Greg's input will solve your issue.

Good luck

Torgeir.

I've had the same issue after making several printer adjustments under the advanced settings. All of a sudden most of the material is gone in the view after slicing. Trying to print it verified what was shown in the view, so it wasn't just a graphic rendering issue. I now keep the original file intact and close out Cura, restart it, and reload the original file. But I have to have all the printer changes in place beforehand.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help.  It turns out Greg was correct.  There was a bad spot in my SD card.  I changed to a new card and it proceeded as it should.

Now I just have to learn the details in how to print with 2 colors and have them look as they are in Cura.

Thanks again.

Practice, practice, practice.  When you get down to the end of a spool, practice disaster recovery.  You never know when it will come in handy...but there is no doubt that one day it will definitely come in handy.

I couldn't agree more..  🙂

Torgeir