Cancel to print one of the objects during multiplied printing possibility

ArturDLab

Posted · Cancel to print one of the objects during multiplied printing possibility

Hi,

When I'm trying to print quantity of the objects (in my case multiplied), during printing, especially during first layer job, some plastic didn't stick properly to the printing plate.

Obviously that could be happen in many situations so it's nothing what would worry me however in some cases I have to abort print and restart the job from fresh.

I wonder, if there is any possibility to tell printer to cancel print one of the objects during job so bad prints could not be continued where other will go until finished?

Posted · Cancel to print one of the objects during multiplied printing possibility

This feature actually exists in Marlin for printers that use newer versions of Marlin.  Ultimaker split from the Marlin branch a while ago but other printers have this feature.

It looks like you have an S5 so, for the S5 this is a definite "no".

For the feature to work you have to insert certain comments in with the gcode so the printer knows which part is being printed next so it can skip over one or more of these.  I have been told that the necessary comments are indeed inserted into the gcode.  So for many printers the answer is "yes".

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies