Ultimaker S3 sweepstake - company required?

nitro2k01

Posted · Ultimaker S3 sweepstake - company required?

I just got an e-mail about a sweepstake for an Ultimaker S3. When filling out the form I noticed that the fields for company, company size and company phone are required fields. However, when checking the terms and conditions, they mention nothing about entering on behalf of a company being a requirement. Is it possible to enter the competition as a private individual, or do you have to enter on behalf of your company/employer? Thanks for any guidance.

I also just got the email about the S3 sweepstakes. I am a freshman this year and I do not have a industry, company phone etc. I looked through the terms and conditions and it says that if you send in a entry they may use the data set information for marketing purposes. I don't know how I would put in that information and, if a personal phone number may suffice.

Hello! I do 🙂

Obviously we would like to ask you to fill out the form as accurately as possible, so we can understand better who our customers are. But if a field does not apply to you but it is marked as mandatory, like when you are a student for example, you can fill out 'student'. Or 'unknown'. It does not mean you can not enter, you certainly may. 🙂

Good luck! 

Thanks for the heads up. This part of the terms and conditions seemed a bit ominous:

All incomplete information request forms will be rejected and such Customer shall be excluded from the Sweepstakes.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know why you would see it as ominous though, it is quite simple. We ask you to fill out the form so we can know our users better, in return you can win an Ultimaker S3. So if you don't fill it out, you don't really meet the criteria and therefor shouldn't be considered as a candidate among those who did.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:50 PM, SandervG said:

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know why you would see it as ominous though, it is quite simple. We ask you to fill out the form so we can know our users better, in return you can win an Ultimaker S3. So if you don't fill it out, you don't really meet the criteria and therefor shouldn't be considered as a candidate among those who did.

Well, it would seem that if you don't fill out a required field, the application is discarded. If some required fields don't apply, you can't fill out the form completely by definition, and the request will supposedly be discarded.

I think it is not so complicated, just fill it out. Most UM customers are business customers and the form is not made for all possibilities. But if you are private, then just select the smallest company size and enter private in the field of the company name. That's it.