Material Not Detected in Material Station: NOVAMID ID1030 CF10

Nick3d

Posted · Material Not Detected in Material Station: NOVAMID ID1030 CF10

Webpage says this material is compatible with the material station, but it is not detected. https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/materials/DSM/NovamidID1030CF10

I have added the material profile to Cura successfully.

I have loaded the cc print core.

I'm not sure if this is related, but in Cura I also get the message "Extruder 1 is disabled because there is no material loaded. Please load a material or use customer configuration"

I have four materials in my materials station. Tough PLA Black (Ultimaker), PVA Natural (Ultimaker), Breakaway White (Ultimaker) <-- all of these are auto-detected by the material station. The roll of NOVAMID ID1030 CF10 is not auto-detected.

Thanks for any help.

Currently only Ultimaker filaments have the RFID that allows the MS to automatically detect filament type.  But don't worry - just put it in and you can tell the MS that it's novamid manually.  There should be many filament types that you can scroll through and choose manually.  If Novamid isn't on the list yet there is a way to sync up the materials that you added in cura to be known to your S5 pro bundle.  I'm not sure exactly how to do that but I think if you tell the printer to print this part over the network it will also transmit the new filament type and then it should complain that it doesn't see the right kind of material and hopefully you can choose Novamid at that point.

I'm not sure as I don't have one but from what I've read, there's no way to do this directly - you have to "print" a job with the material or something like that?  Not sure.  @Smithy has one I think?  @Dim3nsioneer should know this as well.  Do you use DF (digital factory)?  Or do you print directly to the local IP address of your S5?  I think either of those will send the material over.

A final choice might be to just select a generic material like Nylon and when the printer complains that you have the wrong material loaded just override that?  I'm not sure - that works without the MS but not sure if that works with the MS.

Your Cura installation and the printer must have a direct network connection, so the firewall has to be disabled. Then Cura sends materials unknown by the printer to the printer at startup of Cura.

• Like 1