Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
kevin-osborn

Where to submit feature requests?

Is there a canonical place for feature requests?

I'm new to Cura, and overall I'm liking it. I miss a couple things from repetier that should be simple to add (and may try myself if I can find the time.)

The specific fatures are:

1. showing the layer number during printing. This is handy if you want to pause at a specific feature or tweak the temp (for bridging etc.) I know I can edit the gcode, but I like to know where I am, not just which line of gcode.

2. Separate home buttons for X and Y. The way I have my printer set up, if I home and z is already low, I'll run into my glass clips. I've modified my starting and ending gcode so that it lifts before homing x and y, but if I'm jogging, it's troublesome.

Spotted it.

I'm thinking about what to do with the USB printing dialog. It has been neglected for quite a while (due to printing with SD card all the time) and it needs some re-designing, as it's confusing for the basic user and not powerful enough for the power-user. I'll keep your requests in mind when I finally get to this.