Using Digest Authentication with the Ultimaker Api in c#

VarrickFrost

Posted · Using Digest Authentication with the Ultimaker Api in c#

Hi!

I am currently trying to control my Ultimaker S5 via the Api. "Get" Requests are no problem in my c# skript, however any requests that require a authentication are impossible. In Python it is quite simple, you can just use a library that does the digest authentication for you, however I spent almost a week now looking through the internet trying to get this to work in c#. Has enyone an Idea on how to approch this or has expiriance with that? Any hints would be much appreciated!

All best,

Varrick

• 1 year later...

Hi,
    I am working on making a website where users upload theri gcode and then print from an avalible ultimker 3, with this code i managed to get the printer to work:

var url = "http://YOUR IP/api/v1/print_job";
                            var apiKey = "YOUR API KEY";
                            var apiSecret = "YOUR API SECRET";
                            var jobName = fileResponse.FileName;
                            var filePath = fileResponse.FullFilePath; //full file path to the file

using var handler = new HttpClientHandler
                            {
                                Credentials = new NetworkCredential(apiKey, apiSecret)
                            };

using var client = new HttpClient(handler);

using var fileStream = new FileStream(filePath, FileMode.Open);
                            using var content = new MultipartFormDataContent();
                            using var fileContent = new StreamContent(fileStream);

fileContent.Headers.ContentType = MediaTypeHeaderValue.Parse("application/octet-stream");
                            content.Add(fileContent, "file", jobName);

var response = await client.PostAsync(url, content);

if (response.IsSuccessStatusCode)
                            {
                                var responseContent = await response.Content.ReadAsStringAsync();
                                Console.WriteLine(responseContent);
                            }

I know that the post is old but I hope if anyone ever tries this again then it can come in handy.

• Like 1

Today I was thinking of doing something similar - I have some nest thermostats and I learned there is an API so I could make a web page that lets you see all the thermostats in all your homes all on the same screen and adjust them all from one screen and then I could have an ipad on the wall permanently...

Just a thought.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 5:28 PM, gr5 said:

Today I was thinking of doing something similar - I have some nest thermostats and I learned there is an API so I could make a web page that lets you see all the thermostats in all your homes all on the same screen and adjust them all from one screen and then I could have an ipad on the wall permanently...

Just a thought.

That is a good idea 😄

If the API is similar to what Ultimaker has to offer then it should be relatively easy 😄

What languages do you code in?