UMS3 is visible in the DF, but Cura does nothing when clicking on "Print via cloud"

Gero

Posted · UMS3 is visible in the DF, but Cura does nothing when clicking on "Print via cloud"

Hello there.

I have the problem that I can't send print jobs via the cloud-print-function to my UMS3.

The printer is visible in the DF, I can check the camera feed via the web-interface.

Cura even detects the loaded materials from the printer via the cloud. But when I click on the "Print via cloud" button nothing happens. I noticed that the little blue cloud symbol on the selected printer in the top right disappears for a second after I clicked on sending and changes into a "cloud disconnected" symbol. The blue connected symbol than comes back.The printer stays visible in the DF the whole time.

I already did multiple "Digital Factory Resets" on the printer and added him back into the DF without any issues.

But sending a print job simply doesn't work somehow.

Any ideas?

Posted · UMS3 is visible in the DF, but Cura does nothing when clicking on "Print via cloud"

Update: Alright. After 2 days of testing everything in the network setup, reinstalling cura, resetting printers, multiple times, creating a new DF account and even setting up a new wifi network, I finally found the issue.

It was the print job file name! The file came from a co-worker who used a comma between the version numbers, in this case "v3,1". As the printer does not have a problem with this when printing over a USB stick or sending the print job over the network, it took me 2 full days to find that out.

Even more strange is, the "error" I see when sending this file. It's a short disconnect symbol on the printer which made me think it was a connection related issue.

This might trouble other users as well because there was never a mentioning of not working signs in the file name. 

This might be something to take a look at? @ctbeke

• Like 1

Your findings are really helpful, thanks a lot for the feedback!

• Thanks 1

@Gero very helpful and thorough debugging! I'll take this issue back to the team to see if something can be done about it!

• Thanks 1

A little update: A simple "+" is also not working and disrupts the transmission of the file into the cloud.

There might be even more signs that don't work.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gero said:

A little update: A simple "+" is also not working and disrupts the transmission of the file into the cloud.

There might be even more signs that don't work.

We've started an internal investigation into this. It seems like the printer is a bit too restrictive with which characters it does not allow when parsing file names, and there's also some inconsistency between Cura, Cloud and Printer regarding the validation rules.

Since Cura and the Printer firmware are not released continuously, it'll take some time before any fixes end up in releases, but we're working on it for sure 🙂