Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Posted (edited) · UM3: is this underextrusion?

So extruder settings are the same (cloned with Duplicate plugin in cura), filament is also the same (just different color). Right is extruder one, gold, and left is extrude two, orange.
What could be the problem? Fucked up printcore?
Last print i did i was looking at it while printing, and it seemed that things were good until the top layer. also, bottom layers are perfect.
I performed the cleaning procedure with hot/cold pulls very recently. as far as i remember this extruder always had this problem.

qqqq.jpg

Edited by paoletto
    Posted · UM3: is this underextrusion?

Thats underextrusion yes, does the same filament print fine with the same settings if you use another AA core? If so i would say that the AA core might need to run a clean on it a few times as it could be its got something really burnt and stuck to the inside, do you use the cleaning filament or pla? i find the ultimaker cleaning filament to be much better at giving a deep clean.

It's also a good idea to make sure the outside of the nozzle is clean also.

Posted (edited) · UM3: is this underextrusion?

Thanks for the reply, yes i cleaned using PLA, and i in fact cleaned the outside of the nozzle with a blade (!), and it took me a while.. (i was planning to use a brass brush but couldnt find any quickly) I was planning to switch cores and test the other core with this filament/feeder. Will try that and report!

Edited by paoletto
    Posted · UM3: is this underextrusion?
    19 hours ago, paoletto said:

So swapping cores seem to have solved it..
    I guess i shall try to replace the nozzle before thrashing that right PC..

You can replace the nozzle itself in the printcore, but it does come with the risk of breaking the printcore if you are not careful.

https://www.3djake.uk/micro-swiss/coated-nozzle-for-ultimaker-3?sai=6115