Cura 4.9: Still No Printer Profile for 'Longer LK4 Pro'?

lothian

Posted · Cura 4.9: Still No Printer Profile for 'Longer LK4 Pro'?

Elder Linssen mentions in the Ultimaker Cura 4.9 -- New features summarized video that "We've added many new third-party 3D printers."

As of the date of this post Longer3D makes over a dozen printer models, the majority of which have been on the market as long as Cura has been available for download!

Why does the latest build of Cura (v4.9) still not include printer profiles for any Longer3D products?

I am familiar with probably 50 companies that make 3d printers and I have never heard of Longer3D.  Anyway you are asking the wrong question:

Why has no one at Longer3D sent the Cura team any machine profiles?  They've been around for a long time (I hear) and they still haven't submitted a machine profile?  You just have to do a git pull request and if it's a printer that is not yet in Cura, the Cura team will just accept it as is.  So it's pretty easy to submit a machine profile.

Alternatively, one of the users of Longer3D could create a machine profile at least for *one* of the Longer3D products.  It's really easy to submit one of these to be permanently part of Cura.

Please look at this link - this is the place to discuss issues with the Cura team and Longer3D has already been mentioned specifically here:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/9035

• Like 2

As gr5 says...until Longer3D puts some profiles together and submits them to Ultimaker/Cura, there probably won't be one.

My own printer is an Ender 3 Pro and the definition file was written by "Trouch.com" who I suppose was contracted by Creality to write the definition files for all their printer models.

This is from the Longer3d site:  Add Longer 3d printers into Cura 4.8 and 4.9(WINDOWS).  I didn't view it but according to the title the video would seem to cover the topic.

• 5 months later...
    Posted (edited) · Cura 4.9: Still No Printer Profile for 'Longer LK4 Pro'?

Thanks for the info. 

I intended to post the profile suggestion to Longer3D's user community forum, but they've deleted the sub-forums and shut down posting with no further notice...  likely due to it's inundation with fake posts and spam.

Edited by lothian

• 3 months later...