Using Ultimaker Cura 4.9 for BCN3D Epsilon

V3DPrinting

Posted · Using Ultimaker Cura 4.9 for BCN3D Epsilon

Hi to all

I would like to set up Cura 4.9 for a BCN3D Epsilon, using it only in dual extrusion mode (no duplication nor mirror mode).

I am using the BCN3D version of Cura, but it's outdated on many parameters and I would like to benefit from features available on Cura 4.x

Is it possible first to set up a dual extrusion system in Cura ? It wasn't possible on previous 3.x version of Ultimaker Cura

Is it possible to make it work with the IDEX system for dual extrusion prints ?

Thanks for your feedback.

David

PS : I know the BCN3D and Ultimaker version of Cura are forked ones with lots of hacking on the BCN3D one.

The Sovol SV02 and the Tevo Tarantula Pro are dual extruder machines.  If you were to install one of them (with the name of your choice), and then go to Manage Printers and Machine Settings you may be able to make adjustments to the printer settings (build plate size, heated volume, gcode flavor, start and end gcode, Extruder settings, etc.) and get it to work.  Hopefully someone else will chip in if they know of a better or less clumsy way to do it.

You might be able to use the Ultimaker S5 definition but I don't know those machines or whether it would be possible to alter one to suit.

The IDEX system won't work with 4.9.1 (or well, any version of Cura released by Ultimaker). BCN3D hacked that into their version and I think that's why they don't update.

24 minutes ago, nallath said:

The IDEX system won't work with 4.9.1 (or well, any version of Cura released by Ultimaker). BCN3D hacked that into their version and I think that's why they don't update.

Thanks Nallath !

I was suspecting the IDEX system to be a showstopper.