Are there any CAD model for UM2/UM2 frame?

Posted · Are there any CAD model for UM2/UM2 frame?

I was wondering if there were any cad models of the UM2 out there? I'm still waiting for mine, but in the mean time I want to design some things for it, and it would be nice to have a somewhat dimensonalized model of the thing; even if I had the UM2 in hand, it would still be nice to have a 3D model of it for clipping things to it and such. I'm not talking a full model or anything, maybe just something with a really generic frame or 2d drawings of the frame.

That hasn't been released yet. Which parts are you looking for? For the casing you could use the UM-Original casing, not too many changes there.

I was interested in two things the thickness of the frame material and the motors within the frame relative to the frame. I understand the latter of those two is a lot more complicated than the former, could you just tell me the thickness of the frame material? I'll keep an eye out for CAD dimensions, you guys are already too busy :smile:

I am looking for an accurate 3D model of my UM1. I keep upgrading and adding features so having the 3D CAD files would be a big help. I am not referring to laser cut files.

Bertho

There is no 3D assembly a.f.a.I.k., but you may find step files of all UM1 parts here:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/UltimakerOriginal

Aaron, if you have a particular panel in mind I can measure and draw it up later tonight for you. Not sure I`ll have the time to model the whole machine lol

Hey Skint, thanks for the offer :grin:. My UM2 is shipping out this week though, so no need to model anything on my behalf. Actually having the thing in hand would be make it much easier to implement my modifications.

Well if you change your mind you know where I am... I still find it hard to believe that you don't have a UM2 yet :p

Regarding the github for UM2. Quite a while back Erik said this in a comment to one of my designs on Youmagine:

"it will be filled up in at most 6 months from the UM² release date. Right now the electronics are released".

It's getting very close to 6 months now...