PVA Supports in Cura

thanks1976

Posted · PVA Supports in Cura

Yes, the PVA support with extruder 2 seem to engulf the part, in both photos the part is in the same orientation only thing i have changed is selecting which extruder will generate the supports

Posted · PVA Supports in Cura

@thanks1976 - I think you misunderstood Nallath.  There is a parameter called support horizontal expansion.  I think you will find that has a value of about 3mm when you support with a second extruder.

There is a good reason for this.  If you have PVA support, PVA doesn't print on top of PLA very well.  But if you do some horizontal expansion, then you can print PVA all the way down to the print bed and you are more likely to get a successful print.

You can change this parameter yourself if you think you are smarter than Cura.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
        • 3 replies
      • UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies