Ultimaker 3 Switching off suddenly

bejard

Posted · Ultimaker 3 Switching off suddenly

Hello,

Coming back from hollidays, I launched a print on my ultimaker 3, which was working perfectly before.
After clicking on my print, the head went at right to lift the second nozzle. Then it moved a bit to the center and STOP. The printer switched off and rebooted. And this each time.

So I updated the firmware from 4.3 to 4.9. Still switching off. Then I updated from 4.9 to 5.2 (latest). Once I put myself the head in the middle before switching ON the printer.

Now it is switching off at the very beginning of the printing, when it says" nozzle heating".

I noticed that the 2 nozzles were heating, which shouldn't be.

One old print worked when I went to print settings and that I lowered the bed temperature, strange.
I join the STL and gcode files of one print for analyse.

I did all the diagnostic tests in the maintenance part and all is ok.

Thanks for solutions.

0,4Socle photodiodeU3.gcode Socle photodiode.STL

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

it sounds like a power supply problem indeed, do you use any 3d party printcores?
You could try setting the initial temperature for the 2nd hotend to 0
Otherwise you could edit the /usr/share/griffin/griffin/machines/um3.json and set the total_power_budget to be a bit lower. This could Nerf your machine though, heating could take longer.

(to do this last step you need dev mode active and either user ssh or use winscp)

I use original printcores.
    I tried manually different steps:

Printcore 1 at 250°C: OK (then come back to ambiant temperature)

Printocre 2 at 250°C: OK  (then come back to ambiant temperature)

Bed at 60°C: OK

Print core 1 250°C + BED 60°: OK

Print core 1 250°C + BED 60° + printcore 2 250°: STOP and REBOOT

I came back to only BED at 60°: directly STOP and REBOOT, the same several times (it didn't happen the first time).

I didn't connect in SSH mode yet. I need to see how to do it.

You can see logfile (after printing crashes) attached and the videos of booting and crash here: https://we.tl/t-28wmA78aa2

dmesg.log