Adding another camera

Go to solution Solved by CarloK,

Posted (edited) · Adding another camera

id be interested to see if it works for you, incase its something my end. I'll see if i can hunt down another camera just out of interest.

Reading above posts, "The camera stream is started for SVGA type". Maybe this is the issue and it can be changed to a res that matches the camera? no idea if that would make it active or not.

Edited by Super_paulie

Posted · Adding another camera

No, it is not working.

The cam will be detected automatically after connecting:

# ls -l /dev/video*

crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 0 Oct 19 12:31 /dev/video0

crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 1 Oct 19 12:31 /dev/video1

But the mjpg streamer process is only started automatically after a reboot, but then the process for the additional cam is started:

# ps -ef | grep mjpg

ultimak+   943     1  0 12:31 ?        00:00:01 /usr/bin/mjpg-streamer -i input_uvc.so -r SVGA -d /dev/video0 -o output_http.so -p 8080

ultimak+  9812     1  0 12:36 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/mjpg-streamer -i input_uvc.so -r SVGA -d /dev/video1 -o output_http.so -p 8081

But it is not working. A telnet localhost 8080 is ok, but 8081 not, looks like there is no service listening on this port. On the other hand the process should listening on 8081.

On 10/19/2022 at 4:05 AM, Smithy said:

Here we go:

https://github.com/SmithyAT/UltiTuner/releases/latest

It changes the firewall rule from 8080 to 8080-8083 so you can add additional 3 webcams if you want.

If you already have activated the additional webcams with UltiTuner and fire the command a second time, you will get a message that your printer is not compatible. That's not nice, but also don't hurt. Will change it to a better message if I have more time.

Additionally I will implement a feature to revert the change with UltiTuner, which is currently not possible.

Usage:

ultituner webcam -p 192.168.0.123 

Remember to reboot your printer after the change or add the -r flag to the command line.

@Smithy could you help get the application running in cmd. I have no experience using cmd. 

Which OS do you use? Windows?

Then just open a cmd window (WIN+R and type cmd, press ENTER) 

Change to your download folder or wherever the ultituner.exe is stored with cd <PATH>

then just type ultituner.exe, press ENTER

@Smithy Do you think it is possible to use a go pro as the second camera? Let me know. 

The gopro would have to behave like a webcam. This is possible on your mac/pc, but only with additional software/drivers, and that software/driver cannot be installed on the printer. So, in short: probably not.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

I bought some "external" TP-Link Tape C100 webcams, which I have placed above the printers. The webcam is connected to my wifi, can be accessed with an app and don't use a cloud or whatever, so can run fully isolated. But any other cam like that will do the same. 

• Heart 1

@Smithy I’m trying to add the webcam ultintuner command to my S5. How ever it says not compatible. I have the latest firmware. 

The release with the webcam was a quick one and was only tested on my S3. But will do some testing on the S5 as well. 

Is it possible that you have already enabled it?

It works on the S5 with the latest firmware, but I just checked the code and see that when you already fired to webcam command once, that you will get the error message "not compatible" when you want to send it again.

I have to rewrite the error messages to be more specific, otherwise it is misleading.

So it is exactly as mentioned above:

First run:

❯ ./ultituner -p 192.168.0.55 webcam
    UltiTuner 0.9.0 - Copyright by Smithy (Christian Schmied)
    Connecting to the printer 192.168.0.55.....done, connected
    --------------------
    Ultimaker-S5
    model: 9051
    version: 7.1.3
    --------------------
    Checking printer/firmware compatibility.....done, compatible
    Changing firewall rules.....done

Second run:

❯ ./ultituner -p 192.168.0.55 webcam
    UltiTuner 0.9.0 - Copyright by Smithy (Christian Schmied)
    Connecting to the printer 192.168.0.55.....done, connected
    --------------------
    Ultimaker-S5
    model: 9051
    version: 7.1.3
    --------------------
    Checking printer/firmware compatibility.....done, but not compatible

When I find more time I will rewrite the check for compatibility and try to give a more specific and useful error message.

• Heart 1

Posted (edited) · Adding another camera

Hi Smithy,

as for the Firmware 8.1.2 it seems, that the contents of the nftables_firewall_on.conf file has slightly changed image.thumb.png.b6844bbef3dde663e86ad35a9c36835b.png

The Line you search for in your compatibility check (add rule ip filter INPUT ip protocol 6 ct state new tcp dport 8080 accept) is now:

"add rule ip filter INPUT protocol 6 ct state established accept"

I will try to add the line manually and hope i dont break anything.

This is just FYI.

Edited by KronosMagna

Also, can we start a list with supported Cams, that work as an additional cam?
    I can confirm C270 is not working as it wont get initialized.

I tried C920, that didnt seem to work either.

@Smithy you tried TP-Link C100 (Tapo?) and they work?

1 minute ago, KronosMagna said:

@Smithy you tried TP-Link C100 (Tapo?) and they work?

Yes, but this cam is a Wifi cam 🙂