Screen Flickering

simmonsstummer

Posted · Screen Flickering

No i don't think is the backlight.

It started to flicker between the final screen of the print (the one that says that the print it's ok to be taken) and the "home" menù where you decide what to do.

Is something related the new firmware?

• 1 year later...

I've experienced the same thing after installing the latest firmware.  At the same time i've swapped a faulty z-axis stepper which led me to believe this caused the side to side flicker in the display somehow. After switching back to the original installed firmware the flicker disappeared. So it seems this problem is related to newest firmware.

If someone has a solution for this issue i'm interested.

Please update your profile to specify if you have a UMO or UM2 or other. Also update your location settings to indicate your country. Can you take a video of this flicker/shake? Under 10 seconds if possible.

Please update your profile to specify if you have a UMO or UM2 or other.  Also update your location settings to indicate your country.  Can you take a video of this flicker/shake?  Under 10 seconds if possible.

I've update my profile with my UM2 and my location setting. I will try to get a video of this flicker but is very erratic in when it appears.

I do know you get a lot more flickering if you use the arduino toolchain to build the firmware. Has something to do with the weird shit that it inserts into the building, but as far as I know, daid makes the firmware and he doesn't use that toolchain.

Could any of you try to downgrade and check if the problem persists? If not, let me know, so we can fix it.