Vase Mode Putting 2 walls.

KingDanx

Posted (edited) · Vase Mode Putting 2 walls.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why Cura is doing this, but I have a basic cylinder and I'm trying to just print it to the top in one circular motion with Vase Mode but Cura is adding a second wall causing it to not sweep around in a circle.

cylinder.png

Edited by KingDanx

Posted · Vase Mode Putting 2 walls.

I think what @Smithy is getting at is that if a model is hollow (like a pipe) then it has 2 outer walls (one facing air outside and one facing air inside) and they both get printed.  It's "Spiralize Outer Contour" and you have two outers.

So it appears that the way you have it modeled isn't suitable for Spiralize.

Well @Torgeir and @Smithy I will need to retract part of my previous post.  No matter how I build a cylinder - with Spiralize turned on I get a single outside wall.  That occurs with "wall count" at 4 on a thick wall tube as well.  The floor gets bigger but there is no second wall.  This tube is a 100mm cylinder with a 10mm wall.  It is with Spiralize enabled and the wall count = 3.  This is not what I expected.

We might need that simple model after all because right now things don't seem so simple.

Untitled.thumb.png.939b443ae90d9c166db88c52c15865af.png

Thanks for the effort @GregValiant!

Yes we need definitely the STL to analyse the issue, maybe the model itself is not waterthight or something like that. I have seen a lot of really strange things with faulty models.

Well, since the two walls are red, I assumed it's a solid block.

By the way, I'm not sure what version of Cura that's used here, but I'm using ver 4.11.0 at the moment and there's some changes..

Thanks

Torgeir