Dribble Trails!!!

JTMD

Posted · Dribble Trails!!!
4 minutes ago, Carla_Birch said:

Hi,

Posting your settings is a big help in being able to help.

It could be you are printing to hot, or retraction could need editing, Does it have any impact on the final print at all?

Retraction is set for 6.5mm for the support material, printing temp is 225C.     I was already considering increasing the retraction but 6.5 already seems like a lot.
The parts I print are for practical uses and not for show so not harm to the final print, just cosmetic.   Sometime is seems like the strings get in the way and tangle up in the core, leave little bits laying around the print area...  just be nice to clean it up a bit.
I have no clue how to post the settings.  I always avoided Cura like a plague in the past but here I am with a UM and having to walk with the devil  🙂

Cura as a number of settings when you view "all" settings, one of them is called "Retraction extra Prime amount" and that setting is for helpping deal with what you are seeing and thats filament ooze when doing travel movments.

Have not personally used it as any ooze i get does not have any impact on my final print, so i can not really give any base starting setting for that setting.

Posted (edited) · Dribble Trails!!!
    7 minutes ago, Carla_Birch said:

Cura as a number of settings when you view "all" settings, one of them is called "Retraction extra Prime amount" and that setting is for helpping deal with what you are seeing and thats filament ooze when doing travel movments.

Have not personally used it as any ooze i get does not have any impact on my final print, so i can not really give any base starting setting for that setting.

ya, both are set for zero..  maybe I'll make a little test piece and play with that

Edited by JTMD

Is retract settings really in play here or is it in combing mode? Check "Travel->Combing mode"

1 minute ago, lf-axentia said:

Is retract settings really in play here or is it in combing mode? Check "Travel->Combing mode"

there's no evidence of combing

24 minutes ago, JTMD said:

ya, both are set for zero..  maybe I'll make a little test piece and play with that

This is one case where i really miss using Simplify3D to slice..  you could print multiple copies each with different settings.  I used to use that feature to "bracket" a particular setting to home-in on the ideal value