Could not connect to the Cura Package database. Please check your connection.

ccc4fee

Posted · Could not connect to the Cura Package database. Please check your connection.

Hello I can't access the "Marketplace" -> "Plugins" from within Cura, without getting that error message (see post title).

I do went to Windows settings -> "Allow an app through Windows Firewall" and ticked boxes for Ultimaker Cura, clicked "ok" to apply, relaunched Cura, but nothing. Also tried to restart the PC but still no access.

1) Did I miss something or ultimaker servers are down?

2) Is there a way to add a package to Cura manually ? Adding from https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/plugins says I have now added the desired plugin but my local client doesn't have it...

3) My goal is to separate a group of models within a .STL , can I do it with Pruca slicer / simplify ? Can one of these automatically read my cura profiles?

By thanking you

PS : signing up for the first time on the forums to post, asks for what printer the user has, and take infinite time if one doesn't reply an Ultimaker-branded one, maybe this is also a bug?

Posted · Could not connect to the Cura Package database. Please check your connection.

1) See See https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/10548 for more info 

2) Yes. If you have a .curaplugin file, you can manually drag it into cura.

3) The Meshtools plugin also allows you to do this. Those slicers can not read your cura profiles. Cura can also not read their profiles.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies