Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Issues with new 5.3.0 firmware


Deb
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted · Issues with new 5.3.0 firmware

Hi.. we have updated Ultimaker 3 with firmware 5.3.0 but after installation the printer kept showing that the firmware still needs updating- it kept doing this on a loop. Also after the update the printer lost connection over the network.  Sometimes it's connected for a few seconds and then it loses connection. CURA version is 4.11.0.  Anyone experiencing this please? And any tips? Thanks

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Issues with new 5.3.0 firmware

    Regard the update loop, here is an explanation, but you can just ignore it:

     

    I think any other issues you see with 5.3.0 are not related to the firmware, because the only change in 5.3.0 is that UM has renewed the root ca certificates for the digital factory connection.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Issues with new 5.3.0 firmware
    20 hours ago, Smithy said:

    I think any other issues you see with 5.3.0 are not related to the firmware, because the only change in 5.3.0 is that UM has renewed the root ca certificates for the digital factory connection.

    Yes but well, not exactly...

    For the UM3 specifically we did have to change a lot, we're not sure why, but we had to enable TLSv1.3 to get it to work with the new certificate, previously TLSv1.2 was fine, to do that we had to update python, libssl and all it's dependencies including the indirect dependency that is nginx (the web-server on the printer) .

    So there are quite a few changes, though none "should" have influence on printing and the printer applications.

     

    21 hours ago, Deb said:

    Sometimes it's connected for a few seconds and then it loses connection.

    We did have to update some standard packages to get the WiFi working correctly, though I haven't seen or heard about any problems like this. If you are on WiFi, can you check if you experience the same problems when connecting trough Ethernet (wired cable).

    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Issues with new 5.3.0 firmware
    On 10/7/2021 at 9:42 AM, robinmdh said:

    For the UM3 specifically we did have to change a lot, we're not sure why, but we had to enable TLSv1.3 to get it to work with the new certificate, previously TLSv1.2 was fine, to do that we had to update python, libssl and all it's dependencies including the indirect dependency that is nginx (the web-server on the printer) .

    Thanks für the clarification, I am not a full time python developer, but I do a lot of python in our company, so I can imagine that it was a hard weekend for all of you guys.

     

    So thanks for your work to bring a fix for the SSL issue so fast!

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    • 1 month later...

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    • Our picks

      • Ultimaker showcase | April 2022 | 4pm CEST | 10am EDT
        I'm excited because I've personally produced this showcase event, so if you are curious what else I'm up to nowadays, come check it out and say hi in the chat! It would mean a lot! 
          • Thanks
          • Like
        • 4 replies
      • New here? Get ahead with a free onboarding course
        Hi,
         
        Often getting started is the most difficult part of any process. A good start sets you up for success and saves you time and energy that could be spent elsewhere. That is why we have a onboarding course ready for
        Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle, Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 Ultimaker 2+ Connect.   
        They're ready for you on the Ultimaker Academy platform. All you need to do to gain access is to register your product to gain free access. 
        Ready? Register your product here in just 60 seconds.
          • Like
        • 12 replies
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...