Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ian

Just shameless product placement isn't

Just shameless product placement isn't

And the clouds parted, and a deep heavenly voice awoke from the distance.....

IAN...... you need guidance....

YOU NEED 3D DRUCK FUR ALLE !!

......................... :wink:

I just wanted to point out that the fantastic creative mind of Florian Horsch has just released his first book. A brilliant photo filled guide book to everything you ever needed to know about 3D printing..

Congradulations Florian !!!

Ian :smile:

god.jpg

Aaron when you can visit Germany, The first, second and third beer is on me !! ;-)

Aaron wann du kannst Deutschland besuchen, Die erster, sweiten und dritter bear ist auf mich !! ;-)

Greetings from East Germany.

Schone Grusse aus Ost Deutschland

Ian :-)

Lolololol :mrgreen: Ian we are totally going to hang out if I ever go to Germany!

Also, I need to learn to at least sort of read German; all the cool 3d printing books seem to be in German, blarp.

Hahaha Ian - you're the best. Thanks so much for mentioning this - it's really a shame that I more or less wrote my personal diary on the Ultimaker community, 3d-printing in general and all the other fun stuff and didn't present it to my home community yet.

I hope you did find yourself in the "Danksagungen" (Credits?, page 8) as well as the feature of your garden model for your girl in chapter 1. Did you try the Augment feature?

To Richard: Without hyping it too much... I think it's currently the most complete and hands-on book available. The feedback I'm getting is crazily good and pay back a little for the last 6 months laying behind me :wink: Feel free to browse the index on the official page of the publisher: http://www.hanser-fachbuch.de/buch/3D+Druck+fuer+alle/9783446436985

It's for beginners covering everything from "what's 3d-printing?", "how to create content", different 3d-printing techniques, service providers, "how to buy your own machine", slicing 101 everything spiced up with tons of practical lessons and my experience from the last 3 years. I really hope it helps beginners and still has a good value for people who are with us for 2-3 years already.

Ah, here's a cheesy image with some of the community feedback:

3_D_printing_for_everybody.png

Take care & let me know if there are any more questions!

//Flo

Aaron when you can visit Germany, The first, second and third beer is on me !! :wink:

Aaron wann du kannst Deutschland besuchen, Die erster, sweiten und dritter bear ist auf mich !! :wink:

Greetings from East Germany.

Schone Grusse aus Ost Deutschland

Ian :smile:

Lol, awesome! Thanks Ian! Perhaps by the time I get to Germany I'll know enough to pick up the ladies :wink: I cannot wait for the English version of the book. I did a look inside this book examination of the book on Amazon and I think it looks really great! I find that good incentive helps with learning new things, and I can't think of a better reason to learn to read German!