UM3 bed is 5mm too low. Even after manual and auto-calibration

randomuser123

Posted · UM3 bed is 5mm too low. Even after manual and auto-calibration

Hi All,

There where several issues with the printer so the complete PrintHead has been changed. After doing the auto Z-Calibration , the Printer was printing about 5mm above the bed. 
Then I did the manual calibration with the 1mm calibration card, same error. Also loosen the screws of the bed to the maximum does not help, the distance between the nozzle and the bed still about 5mm.

Spindle of the bed is not loose !

is there a solution here, apart from loosening the screws after calibrating?

Thank you

IMG_0160.jpg

Posted (edited) · UM3 bed is 5mm too low. Even after manual and auto-calibration

5.2.16 was installed. I updated to 5.3.0 now. Still the same Error. Even if I disable the AUto-Leveling and do it manually, the printer is starting to print with a distance of about 3mm to the bed. 
    I also tried some other print files. Even older Ones which have been printed correctly some months ago, fail now.

Any other ideas?

Edited by randomuser123

1) It's possible it's a cura issue.  Please post your project file which contains your model and printer settings and profile and overrides.  To do this in Cura do "file" "save project as..." and post that file here.  I'm thinking this is the most likely issue.

2) Is the problem happening on the left core or the right?  If the problem is only on the right core then maybe you have to recalibrate the "lift switch".

3) When doing manual calibration, try calibrating such that things are extra tight against the calibration card.  Basically I'm just wondering if you are doing the manual calibration wrong (in addition to something wrong with your active calibration when manual calibration is off).

4) filament doesn't stick to blue tape nearly as well as after you clean it briefly with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol).  Just a few quick wipes with a tissue wetted with IPA.

5) There is a "factory reset" feature in the UM3 maintenance menu somewhere.  This may fix the issue but you will have to recalibrate the lift switch and the bed leveling and any XY leveling (XY  you can skip for now as you figure out your issue).

Sounds very similar to another thread:

Can you send me all your log files? Send them to me through this forum. Click my avatar, and then on my personal page you see a 'message' button on top of the page.