Supports Not Making the Height

sifugreg

Posted · Supports Not Making the Height

Two parts in this print, all supports are perfect except for these little offset rails (see image).  This is the very first design I've imported into Cura.  Same design has no issues with supports in my other slicers.  Now, my default is to assume I don't know what I'm doing but in my other program, I can add my own supports should I not agree with the software's decisions.  I've adjusted the various parameters available in Cura, but nada.  Thoughts or Guidance?

2021-11-22_7-15-10.jpg

Posted · Supports Not Making the Height

In support settings what is your "Support Z Distance" or "Support XY Distance" set to?

I use a 0.6mm nozzle and have both settings at 0.3mm or the same as the layer height, for a 0.4mm nozzle I'd set it to 0.2 as well as the layer height within 15% to 80% of the size of nozzle.

Some things that may help.

Might try a raft but I doubt it would change it much. 

Have the base of the print be taller by changing the model if you made it.

Change the Z and XY Distance like I mentioned.

Try lowering the layer height of the print a little.

If nothing changes to make it print decently nice, lower the outer wall speed to 15mm/s and inner to 20mm/s and top/bottom to 15 or 20mm/s, additionally raise cooling power and lower temp a little if possible.