Ultimaker 3 buries its nozzle in the bed after active leveling

ThomasUM3

Posted · Ultimaker 3 buries its nozzle in the bed after active leveling

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with the active leveling of my UM3. The active leveling sequence goes completely as planned, no abnormal behaviour whatsover.

However, when I then start a print the printer seems to have "forgotten" the data because the nozzles gets pushed into the bed (about as far as it does when active leveling). because of this the nozzles doesn't extrude any filament whatsover. This happens every time I try active leveling. 

About a year and a half ago I replaced the capacitive board & cable because I thought it broke (wasn't there when it happened but the active leveling actually shattered my bed). After that it worked fine for a few months but then the active leveling started acting up. At the time I didn't want to do anything about it because the manual leveling worked fine but now I just want the active leveling to work. btw, I have tried active leveling and printing with the front fan disconnected (read on the ultimaker support website that it could cause interference) but that did not help unfortunately. 

Thanks in advance!

Are you on the latest firmware with your printer? There were some fixes in the last release regarding leveling.

And do you use the glass plate or do you have something else installed, like Buildtak?

This is happening to many of my UMS3's currently. We are also all up to date. I've tried factory resets as well and it does not fix it. 

I do manual leveling and it all checks out. It will do the auto leveling and still then goes way too close to the bed. Or the most recent try it was way too far away even after doing a manual level that went well and then the auto level that showed no issues.

It's only an issue on the print core 2's of many of my machines. Even those I've not done any manual leveling on.

Just be aware that he is talking about an UM3 and you are talking about UM S3, these printers looks similar, but are not the same.

Anyone ever found a solution to this? My UM3 started doing this last winter. The active leveling process looks normal, but when I start printing the nozzle is scraping over the glass. Manual leveling still works fine.

This never was fixed. They "updated" our firmware to a mess and left it. Active leveling is a train wreck and has been for a year. I went in another direction with a few different other printer manufacturers instead of yelling at clouds about this.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 buries its nozzle in the bed after active leveling

Hello,

This post has the answer to your issue : it worked for me perfectly as i had the same issue.

Edited by cyriaquer