Cura 4.12 not slicing properly

Molier

Posted · Cura 4.12 not slicing properly

Have been having the same issue where cura 4.12 just gets stuck on slicing. couple days ago i fixed it by completely reinstalling cura, including the files in local and roaming.

But now that did not do anything anymore. If i look at the logs it looks like it finishes slicing but my program just keeps showing the same slicing... message.

am slicing for an ender 3V2 but it doesnt slice anymore on anything now. the model that might have caused this is attached. its a modified bendy rex.

Windows 10, very new hardware(if specifics are needed let me know).

image.png

cura.log Flexi-Rex-improved-Flexi-Rex-tweaked_1.stl

There aren't any problems with the model and I didn't have any trouble slicing it.  What "very new" hardware are we talking about?  There have been issues with at least one model of motherboard and CPU.

15 hours ago, Molier said:

If i look at the logs it looks like it finishes slicing

You overlooked this line:

2022-01-02 18:07:19,410 - DEBUG - [EngineErrorThread] UM.Backend.Backend._backendLog [110]: [Backend] [ERROR] Could not connect to the given address

This is usually due to overzealous firewalls or virus scanners. We've also seen that certain VPN configurations can cause this

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.12 not slicing properly
    18 hours ago, GregValiant said:

There aren't any problems with the model and I didn't have any trouble slicing it.  What "very new" hardware are we talking about?  There have been issues with at least one model of motherboard and CPU.

B550 AORUS ELITE V2 mobo , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, amd rx5700XT . I only mention that because Ive had some issues with kernels and firmware for my mobo on my linux installation. But might not be relevant.

7 hours ago, nallath said:

You overlooked this line:

2022-01-02 18:07:19,410 - DEBUG - [EngineErrorThread] UM.Backend.Backend._backendLog [110]: [Backend] [ERROR] Could not connect to the given address

This is usually due to overzealous firewalls or virus scanners. We've also seen that certain VPN configurations can cause this

From the searching I did that was also a possible solution i came across. I've tried manually allowing the program through windows firewall since I don't use any other antivirus.Is there any other steps i could do? I do have surfshark VPN but its basically never on?

Yesterday i sliced some stuff and printed; but today it is again just stuck at the infinite loop. log attached again for perhaps some new info.
    *Edit, if its firewall issues why doesnt running it as admin solve it?

Thank you for answering, ive been using cura for a long time and really hope to get this issue resolved 😉

cura.log

**EDIT i made a new log after i shut down my (not running) vpn, since I didn't see the same error in the log.
    I was trying to reproduce that same line , and i marked where it freezes and where it continued logging after i pressed CANCEL on the program itself. hope this is helpful.cura.log

Edited by Molier
    added log that does not have aforementioned error message.

This is the most similar post to my situation I've found so I will reply here with my findings.
    I'm new to Cura (another post Christmas 3D Printer noob) and was having to resort to a separate machine just for Cura slicing 😅

Issue: Cura hangs during slicing
    Root cause: Surfshark VPN on Windows 10 (Specific configuration)
    Something in the virtual network adapter that is created in Windows 10 impedes the correct communication with 127.0.0.1:49674, blocking the Cura Slice process/button to function.

image.png.92aa70eb8d95ee4dbc98c3422e69d70d.png

The weird behavior is:
    If you install Cura, with VPN on or off, it works until you reboot, making trouble-shooting much more difficult.

Disable Surfshark VPN - Has no effect, slice fails
    Disable windows firewall - Has no effect, slice fails

What I found for my situation that might help:
    I use selective VPN application, were only certain apps are forwarded thru the tunnel.
    By disabling the Bypasser or playing around with the configs to maintain my initial logic I got Cura to slice again.

Settings > Connectivity > Bypasser

This works:

image.png.d90160137e9d78fb82adf9c06a3e7b70.png
    image.png.dd72d122685fd6dc38f3edcb696e314d.png

Other combinations can start to get fails again so I won't go into detail here. I'll have to figure out what works for me but the important part was to get slicing again.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

• Thanks 1