Running UMO+ without heated bed

vincentbaas

Posted · Running UMO+ without heated bed

I haven't used my UMO+ for a while, since I messed up my heated bed. I haven't been able to figure out what messed up my bed, even with replacement parts. But for the time being I want to run it without the heated bed, so I can at least get back to basic prints. I know printing without a heated bed isn't optimal, but at least it should work. 

I've reinstalled everything, but disconnected the bed. However, I get the MAXTEMP error when I turn on my printer. How do I get my printer to ignore the error and run without the bed? I read something about firmware changes, but I can't figure out what to change?

You printer still thinks there is a heated bed and wants to read the temperature from the sensor. So you definitely need to tell the printer that there is no heated bed anymore.

I don't know the UMO, but I guess you just need to upload another firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I already guessed I had to fix this in the firmware. What I can't figure out yet is how to do this, as firmware builds are not really my cup of tea.  

My approach would be to grab a Marlin configuration file for the UMO+ and somehow adjust that for the printer to ignore the heated bed completely. But I can't figure out which parameters influence this and how to do this. Or is there a firmware version out there that works and has the bed turned off by default?

22 hours ago, vincentbaas said:

My approach would be to grab a Marlin configuration file for the UMO+ and somehow adjust that for the printer to ignore the heated bed completely.

Personally i would use bultimaker, made by @amedee

That's the standard tool every UMO(+) owner should know about:

https://bultimaker.bulles.eu/

• Like 1